Friday 3 August 2018

Clinical years best ke tak?

Hello, it has been a while since my last entry.
Actually I'm thinking of million times whether I should write this entry or not haha.I think I dont have interest to write anymore. Why why why?? I also dont know la. Maybe sebab malas kut and I dont have interesting topic to share. Ada a few comment minta tips study but I dont think I am the right and suitable person to share huhu but what I can share is once you enter medical school or any school la, you need to read more, work hard 
and hati kena kuat in order for you to survive. Nothing comes easy in this world. You need to work hard for what you want and fight for it. *actually this is a reminder for me too hehe*

Okay, now I am in my final year of medical school. Alhamdulillah. Yay yay one more year to go insyaAllah. Please pray for my success whoever read this :) Perasaan menjadi seorang senior ni agak sukar digambarkan agitteww. I still cant believe that now I already in my final year. I still can vividly remember the first day I enter medical school 4 years ago haha. At that time, I feel like 5 years is too long and I cant wait to end medical school and tup tup now I already in fifth year of medical school. How time flies! So, now I am in surgical posting which is my first posting in year 5. So far, I enjoy this posting :)

The reason why I want to write this entry is because I want  to share a bit about my clinical years journey. And entry ni akan mix sikit la malay and english. Harap-harap okay kut kan? And actually entry ni for myself jugaklah. Sebab nanti bila dah habis medical school insyaAllah, I can read back my journey as a medical student from this blog.

My previous posts mostly are about my journey as a pre-clinical student (year 1 and 2). Year 3,4 and 5 is known as clinical year/ practical. In UniKL RCMP, we are attached with Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun (HRPB) for our practical during year 3 and year 4 and for final year, we are divided into 2 group, 1 group will be attached to HRPB while the other group will do their practical in Hospital Taiping. So, now I am doing my practical at Hospital Taiping and so far, I love to be here.

Okay, let me tell you the difference between pre-clinical and clinical years in UniKL RCMP. For pre-clinical years, we need to attend lectures every day. The lectures consist of topics about pharmacology, anatomy,  microbiology, parasitology, biochemistry, physiology (yang tu je rasanya, sorry tak berapa ingat sangat. Biasalah short term memory huhu) and ada juga kena ambil subject general study. Basically,  pre-clinical year is all about theory which I dont really enjoy but you need to take them seriously becuse the knowledges is very important for your clinical years. So, students who are still in year 1 and year 2, please pay more attention during lectures and read a lot and make sure you understand the topic. Do not merely memorise the topics without understand it.  For clinical years, mostly you will be at hospital for clerking cases, do physical examination on the patients, bed site teaching with doctors or lecturers, join ward round and many more. You also need to attend seminar and mostly for seminar, students need to prepare the content based on the topics given and need to present it. I enjoy clinical years more compared to pre-clinical years because I dont really like theories huhu but like I tell you earlier, theories are very important for clinical years.

Ada jugaklah yang tanya how's the exam here? So, let me explain a bit about exam system here. For pre-clinical, we got 3 papers which consist of EMQ (objective questions), MEQ (subjective questions) and OSCE (ada a few stations). Starting from my batch (2014/2019), we need to pass all the modules and we dont have final exam. Each year ada dalam 5 modules macam tu (if im not mistaken), so we need to pass all the modules. If fail any of the module, we will be given one more chance to repeat at the end of the year. If we fail during second attempt, we need to repeat the whole year. Get it? I hope orang faham apa yang I cuba explain ni. Kalau tak faham pun takpe, at least dapat sedikit gambaran for those yang nak masuk UniKL RCMP. For clinical years pulak, lebih kurang sama jugak tapi OSCE ganti dengan short case for year 3 and year 4, and long case for year 5. Short case and long case means your exam will be at the hospital and you need to examine the real patients in front of the examiner and the examiner will ask you a few questions regarding the patient's case afterwards. Same as in pre-clinical years, you also need to pass all postings in clinical years. For year 3, we have medical, surgical, orthopaedics, obstetric&gynaecology, paediatrics and public health posting. For year 4, we got mental health, primary care medicine,specialty 1 (ophthalmology, ENT, dermatology), spec 2 (A&E, Radiology, Anaesthesiology, Complementaty Alternative medicine), student's research project and Elective. For year 5, the postings are about the same as in year 3 but without public health posting and the difference is the duration for each posting. The duration of each posting for year 5 is longer than year 3. In addition, we have Profesional Exam 1 and Profesional Exam  2 and it is compulsory for us to pass both exam. Basically, Profesional Exam 1 is a combination of module for year 1 and year 2 while Profesional Exam 2 is a combination of year 3,4 and 5 posting. Pass Profesional Exam 2 means you are done with medical school and you are officially a doctor.

Okay, I think thats all for now. I think this post is quite lengthy but I hope this post beneficial to those who are needed and for those who are interested to enter UniKL RCMP.



7 comments:

  1. Nak tanya betul ke admin unikltipupelajar.blogspot.com ni tulis? Sebab banyak kontroversi dia dedahkan pasal unikl ni

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam nak tnya. short case tu akan ada di setiap poting ke atau hujung clinical year (year3, 4, 5)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. invisalign doctor login

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site. Implant Dentist

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. https://homeologyla.com

    ReplyDelete